P&L … M&A … LBO … QA … Risk … Modeling … Restructuring … Strategic Planning … Business Development
Financial & Management Reporting – Operations & Financial Analysis – Cash & Asset Management – Banking & Investor Relations Budget & Cost Controls – Contract & Agreement Negotiations – Vendor & Contractor Relations – System Design & Integration Policies & Procedures – Continuous Improvement – Risk Assessment & Avoidance – Customer & Public Relations Regulatory Compliance – Quality & Productivity Improvements – Organizational Design & Development
Enabled several divergent organizations to dramatically grow revenues, reduce costs, increase productivity, and enhance product quality and deliverability. Successful managing multiple functions and complex projects in a timely manner. Highly developed communications, negotiations, organizational and interpersonal skills to forge positive relationships and strategic alliances. .
ROI Marketing Systems LLC (was McRea Solutions), La Mesa, CA – San Antonio, Tx, 2008-2019
Chief Executive Officer
- Startup software and digital marketing company developing software and sales
- Created software that was responsible for automating the creation of subdomain-based blogs. Over 100,000 copies of this software was sold between 2009 – 2013.
- Developed automated blog building system for people that build websites and flip them for sale on Flippa
- I was responsible for all marketing and business development including PPC, Social Media and Video Marketing campaigns.
- Established build SMS Marketing platform for local and national companies. System was a private development program for a client.
- Created and distributed 6 WordPress Plugin on WordPress.Org
Pulltarps Mfg, Inc, El Cajon, CA, 2007 – 2008
Manufacturer of Truck Equipment
Chief Executive Officer
- Interim Position helping restructure business so the owner could semi-retire.
- Managed all daily operations including administration, production and sales.
- Updated all financial reporting to provide accurate profit contribution by product.
- Updated marketing to include digital marketing as well as color catalogs.
- Established commission systems to motivate sale force. Focus was business development.
Laing Thermotech, Inc., Chula Vista, CA, 2005 – 2007
Multi-nation pump manufacturer with assets over $20 million.
Chief Financial Officer
- Full charge authority for U.S. branch of foreign-owned company. Manage finances and planning for $50 million in revenues and oversee company operations.
- Reorganized accounting and finance department, automating financial reporting and bringing greater efficiency and transparency to the company’s finances.
- Used strong negotiation skills to refinance long-term debt. Restructured banking covenants, resulting in an increase in tangible net worth of $750,000, allowing company to redistribute funds to foreign parent to subsequently secure a new $30 million order.
- Saved company potential loss of $500,000 through thorough investigation of potential customer and ultimate unfavorable recommendation.
McCalif Grower Supplies Inc. Various Locations, Northern CA, 1985-2005
President & CEO, 1996-2005
Vice President & CFO, 1990-1995
- As President, negotiated merger with a Canadian publicly traded firm and refinanced existing operation with Bank of America, the CIT Group and other lending institutions, using outstanding negotiation skills to gain best rates. Managed 13 business units, nationwide, for 2 companies (McCalif and VJ Growers Supply). Served on Board of Directors for both firms and managed staff of over 200 personnel, growing business to over $100 million in annual revenues.
- Negotiated acquisition of VJ Growers Supply in Florida, serving as President and CEO from 1996-2000 and managing operations in Florida, South Carolina and Costa Rica; prepared company for sale, refinancing debt using ABL financing with Nations Business Credit. Ultimately sold VJ Growers after turning around the failing operation.
- Coordinated yearly audits by Grant Thornton, Moss Adams, and KPMG Peat Marwick. All audits routinely achieved on schedule, on budget through careful planning that reduced costs by up to 30% and allowed for seamless audit execution while daily activities continued, uninterrupted.
- During Vice Presidency, relocated firm and managed purchase and construction of 85,000 square foot distribution center. Built banking relationships with ABL lending and traditional lending institutions. Established sales force and compensation policy what incentived rapid sales growth.
- Prepared business for sale, negotiating excellent sales price and gaining promotion to CEO and 35% ownership in the business. Responsible for all business development, sales staffs, commission programs and marketing.
- As Controller, wrote and implemented the company’s first business plan, turning company into efficiently run operation and improving the bottom line, leading to company’s first major banking relationship. Efforts led to sustained profitable growth with sales growing from $3.5 million to over $100 million.
- Was responsible for all marketing including 3 annual printed full color catalogs, monthly newsletters, the deployment of an ecommerce website in 1998 and public relations.
BS, Accounting & Finance, University Of California, Davis, CA
BS, Agricultural Science, University Of California, Davis, CA
Affiliations & Licenses
- North America Horticultural Supply Association, President 1998-2000; Board of Directors 1992-1996
- National Association of Wholesalers-Distributors
- National Association of Music Merchants
- eMarketing Association Network
- Consultants Network
Software Experience for Accounting and Finance
- Alpha Accounting
- JD Edwards
- MAS 90 ( Now SAGE)
- Microsoft Dynamics
- Quickbooks PRO
References Provided Upon Establishment Of Mutual Interest